Ding! Ding! Ding!
The hotel elevator halts between floors twenty-four and twenty- five. The lights flip off, on, off. The exit sign flares red creating a halo about the crown of the old guy’s head, making his deep wrinkles appear as cracked doorways to hell.
To make matters even worse, the fat lady begins to scream.
I feel my center of gravity drop. The elevator is moving and I can’t hear it over the fat lady’s shriek, but I am pretty sure the cable just snapped. We are dropping straight down. It's cool with me though. I fed the monsters in the basement just an hour before; they’d leave me alone.
For now.
Like this one? Read my suspense horror, Hollow Secrets at Yellow Mama !
The hotel elevator halts between floors twenty-four and twenty- five. The lights flip off, on, off. The exit sign flares red creating a halo about the crown of the old guy’s head, making his deep wrinkles appear as cracked doorways to hell.
To make matters even worse, the fat lady begins to scream.
I feel my center of gravity drop. The elevator is moving and I can’t hear it over the fat lady’s shriek, but I am pretty sure the cable just snapped. We are dropping straight down. It's cool with me though. I fed the monsters in the basement just an hour before; they’d leave me alone.
For now.
Like this one? Read my suspense horror, Hollow Secrets at Yellow Mama !

16 comments:
too cool, they be feasting on tubby for awhile me thinks..
You discovered my story early, Mike. You don't miss a beat, do you?
Thanks, buddy!
I like that your #fridayflash post is posted on a Thursday. It displays a healthy disregard for rules ;)
Michael's right, the monsters will like that fat woman, perhaps they're the kind that feast on screams.
Barry!
You always make me laugh. I've NEVER broken a single rule and you know it. ;p
Come on, now, you guys are supposed to sympathize with the poor characters!
HA! I almost missed your FF! Love the play on the fat lady singing. Yeah, I feel sorry for her... a little. Peace, Linda
I can't really feel sorry for the fat lady. I mean, she could have fed the monsters in the basement if she'd wanted to. :)
LOL @ you both.
The fat lady was screaming not singing AND she didn't know about the monster's in the basement (course, I guess I failed to mention that ;p )
Wow, your protagonist seems way cool with the 25 floor drop! Just what kind of place is this - complete with monsters in the basement?
I love "...cracked doorways to hell".
I want more of this protagonist of yours!
Very compelling for so few words!
KjM ~ Thanks for dropping by. My protags are ALWAYS cool. ;p Nah, this particular protag has shown up in several of my short stories. I'll see if he can make another guest appearance over the next couple of weeks. I like him too.
Thanks ~C.A.!
I guess if you are in an elevator plummeting toward monsters, it's good to be with someone who is a little on the robust side.
Great flash, Jodi. I can quite clearly picture this creepy dark elevator. *shiver*
That's looking on the positive side, Laurita. ;) Thanks for stopping by, hon!
Nice flash!
How could you not look on the positive side? This is clearly a fable that expounds on the moral and pragmatic virtues of monster care.
Carry snacks or become one! Good setup of characters, and I liked the downward plunge of this.
Whooooooo.... monsters in the basement. Primal stuff! :)
Liked it.
Post a Comment