Six lies and One truth? or Six truths and One lie?
You tell me:
#1 I jumped out of trees for the thrill, off the shed for curiosity,
the cliff for the dare, and off the second story balcony because I was
super woman.
#2 Once, I was almost abducted by a man in a pig mask with a knife.
#3 When browsing a book store, I always read the first and last line.
If I can figure out the story, I put the book away.
#4 I was 14 when I received my first marriage proposal.
#5 I’ve skinned many animals.
#6 I have moles that shape the little dipper on my left arm.
#7 I still have the lips of the first boy who kissed me. In a jar. In
the back of the freezer.
The rules for the award are simple:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one
outrageous truth – or – switch it around and tell six outrageous
truths and one outrageous lie.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with
outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
I nominate:
Mari Blaser
Sean Monaghan
Margo Gremmler
Mark Crittenden His bungee chord snapped... True Or False?
Karen Schindler She was musked inside a tiger's cage! True or False?
Tim Keeton
Anne Tyler Lord She kissed John Hall (Oats & Hall)! True Or False?
Check out these great writers sites.
super woman.
#2 Once, I was almost abducted by a man in a pig mask with a knife.
#3 When browsing a book store, I always read the first and last line.
If I can figure out the story, I put the book away.
#4 I was 14 when I received my first marriage proposal.
#5 I’ve skinned many animals.
#6 I have moles that shape the little dipper on my left arm.
#7 I still have the lips of the first boy who kissed me. In a jar. In
the back of the freezer.
The rules for the award are simple:
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one
outrageous truth – or – switch it around and tell six outrageous
truths and one outrageous lie.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with
outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
I nominate:
Mari Blaser
Sean Monaghan
Margo Gremmler
Mark Crittenden His bungee chord snapped... True Or False?
Karen Schindler She was musked inside a tiger's cage! True or False?
Tim Keeton
Anne Tyler Lord She kissed John Hall (Oats & Hall)! True Or False?
Check out these great writers sites.
31 comments:
Hmmm ... let's see:
LIE -- #1 I jumped out of trees for the thrill, off the shed for curiosity, the cliff for the dare, and off the second story balcony because I was super woman.
LIE -- #2 Once, I was almost abducted by a man in a pig mask with a knife.
TRUTH (you gave yourself away) -- #3 When browsing a book store, I always read the first and last line. If I can figure out the story, I put the book away.
While I can easily say this is a TRUTH, the parameters don't allow it so let's say you may have been 15 ;) -- #4 I was 14 when I received my first marriage proposal.
LIE -- #5 I’ve skinned many animals.
Hmmm --- I'm not sure if many people even know what the little Dipper looks like. LIE -- #6 I have moles that shape the little dipper on my left arm.
Hmmmm YOU NEVER KNOW. #7 I still have the lips of the first boy who kissed me. In a jar. In the back of the freezer.
Great list, Jodi!
Good reasoning and guesses, Anthony. I can't reveal the truths or/and lies yet. In fact, I'm not sure I want to say what's what. I think perhaps...you'd never come back. Muahaha! (thanks for coming by and placing your bets)
1. Lie
2. Lie
3. Lie
4. True
5. Lie
6. Lie
7. Lie
OR
1. True
2. True
3. True
4. Lie
5. True
6. True
7. True (This one is the reason you are exiled in a cave.) :-)
Great list, Jodi.
HAHhaaa - the lips in the jar... now that's the truth hey???
OMG, even your lies and truths are creepy woman! lol
I say go with unusual, since you're a unusual lady (and this is a compliment ;): all are truths, except for #7.
Although if I'm right, I'm sorry about the pig masked man. It must have been a horrible experience. O_o
Thanks so much for this award Jodi! It's one of the funniest to receive! And compliments on yours, you certainly deserve it. ;D
Lie
Lie
True
True
Lie
True
Lie
Whew. I don't even know if that's right, but I like how thispattern of Lie-True sounds. :)
I'd like to think the lips in the freezer is real though...
Hmmm, #3 - I can see you reading the first line of a book, even the first few pages, before deciding whether or not to buy it, but the last line? Surely not Jodi!
#7 - my guess is your puppy love gave you a set of those plastic lips at Halloween and you're such a romantic you could never bear to part with them. :)
So, am I right, or am I right?
Congratulations you well-deserving woman you!
I think #7 is your only untruth, but I'd still like to see a photo.
Thank you so much for nominating me. But I live such a mundane existence that I have no adventures to regale you with.
[said with a perfectly straight face I might add]
But this link might interest you:
http://bit.ly/aXJl5O
hugs and smooches!!
Karen :0)
I'm going to also go with #7 being the only lie.
But then I see the others, if they are true, wow, you live a colorful life!!
Please reveal and tell backstories - we all must know!
Thanks for the award - you are so sweet and so much fun!!
all i can say is...pants on fire.
You are girls & guys are too funny. By the way, some concerned citizen (s) raided my freezer and fridge today. I suspect they didn't find lips and decided to help themselves to my chocolate chip cookies instead. Hmmm...
Some of you have chosen correctly.
I will reveal all tomorrow (Sunday)
I'll say #5 is the truth, the others are lies.
Haha! So obvious -- only the last is true! Congrats, it's a fun award... peace, Linda
I hope 6 is true.
Very yummy chocolate chips indeed, heh. ;P
Lips in the jar is the only lie. The rest are all true. :)
I say all true but the last one. :)
Soon. Soon. Soon.
(Mari! Stop feeding my chocolate chips to Santa's Reindeer - hello!?!)
First of all, I don't believe a word Karen said. :) Do love ya Karen. ;)
Come on Jodi - don't leave us in suspense any longer!
1. T
2. T
3. T
4. T
5. T
6. T
7. F
Seven of you hit right on!
Cookies for everyone - cookies AND coffee for those seven of you who figured it right. ;-)
Thank you so much for participating. I wish I could link you all up because I would love to learn more about each of you. Take this as a free invite. ;-)
On with the show & extremely long comment:
#1 – True. I had this jumping fascination when I was kid. I jumped out of pine trees, old stumps.. anything I could. The trick is to collapse your legs and roll – relax. The cliff was my most recent jumping experience, and well, that was enough excitement to last me the rest of my life. I do plan on jumping out of an airplane – (with a parachute sillies) when I move back to the PNW.
#2 True. 1988. Snoqualmie pass. We pulled over for our traditional potty break. Which means…open the door, jump out do your thing, and jump back in. The van pulled in front, we figured later he thought our car had broken down. The guy got out and went to the back of his van. We all have our different stories of what we saw back there when he opened the door. I saw what looked like bloody sheets – but who knows? We saw the man put on a pig mask and pick up knife. He turned to us, then turned away as a some straggler car appeared. I remember screaming. My mom freaked. My little sister still squatting besides the car peeing. We somehow grabbed her in while she was still doing her thing, slammed the door…and my mom had never driven so fast in her life.
#3 True. When I was a teen after reading all the horror and mystery in the (very very very small) library. I got into romance. SO predictable. So I made up this very simple method. I would read the beginning and last lines. If I could figure out the plot, I’d put it back. I hate to say, that yes, I still do this. I get impatient and don’t like to waste my time on predictable books.
#4 True. I hardly knew the guy. Friend of my step dad’s. He my step dad asked out of the blue if he date & marry me. Uh, the answer was NO. (freak)
#5 True. I lived on a farm during my teen years. I refused to kill – so I ended up having to skin. Yes, it was disturbing. Yes, it gave me nightmares. And yes, as much as I hated it, I believe this has given me a greater appreciation for life. You will see a lot of this experience in Devil’s Eye.
#6 True! It’s so weird! I should connect the dots and take a picture. It would freak you guys out.
#7 Haha! False. (You sick puppies!)
OMG, I was right! I'm glad you are all safe and sound. *phew*
Well, as for the cookies thing, Santa landed me his Reindeers for one night, since they needed the exercise anyway. This is how could pass by Minnesota and take Anne with me. *grinz*
But you see, since I was right on spot, you owe me cookies *and* coffee. Would you like a ride to Italy, so you can deliver in person. ;)
Yes! You were the first one to guess correctly. I was surprised because I haven't known you for long. Fiction is my outlet for the past. Cheaper than therapy anyway.
And
Yes, I'd love to come to Italy for coffee and cookies. Ask Santa if I can borrow his reindeer. I'll check with Anne and see if she wants me to pick her up. ;-)
I knew it.
;)
I needed the coffee, too. Thanks. Now if you've got a bacon cheeseburger anywhere nearby...
A bacon cheeseburger to go with your coffee, huh? Tell you what.If Caspian agrees to color my hair purple, we got a deal. ;-)
Given the whole dismembered body parts fixations and pix of lips and so on, you had me fooled with number 7. Thanks for the nom.
Sean
Sean! I do not have a body part fixation! People who actually believed I had lips in my freezer are the morbid ones. Course, there's the shriveled finger in the pantry, but that's beside the point.
You're welcome, horror guy.
Darn! I'm always a day late and a dollar (or in this case, coffee and cookies) short! My guess was also "all true except 7." It was the only one I couldn't imagine happening to me. (I would have buried the vile things in the back yard.)
Madame Z,
Burying them is much more sanitary --plus no evidence. Cookies and coffee for you! Thanks for dropping by, hon. <3
Okay, where's the proof of the constellation on your arm then? ;) I can't wait to read Devil's Eye if your life has been as full of odd moments as this. Seriously, Jodi, you've done a great job of something that I just couldn't be bothered to do and now I hang my head in shame. Everyone's had such fun here and I feel like a great big party pooper right now.
I so need to take a picture, Barry. Maybe I can circle the moles and connect the dots and take a pic. kinda nifty.
And cheer up, buttercup. Your posts were silly (and kinda creepy).We all like you the way you are, so I'm glad you did what you did. I think you just picked up on what's fun about these award things. It's not about spreading website names, it's about interacting with your fellow writers and having fun. ;-)
Thanks for coming by, buddy.
Post a Comment