CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich W. Nietzsche


Hello!

This site still receives a lotta traffic. Thank you for your continued interest.

I am still currently writing horror/suspense/pulp only in longer form. Visit my alter ego HERE for continued updates and current fiction. And please, you can call me Jodi or whatever you called me before I went all nom de plume.

Thanks for the years of loyal friendship and support.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SAVE THE LIBRARY

Become An Important Literary Figure



Evanston Public Libraries & Friends is holding an auction to save their libraries from closing. Margo Gremmler and other Library lovers around the world have rallied to the cause.

How can you help?

One of the items up for bid is a 'unique experience' donated by yours truly. I will write the winning bidder into my next short story. A hard copy (and signed footprint) will be delivered by mail. The story will also be posted here on my blog, dedicated to the kind soul who helped saved Evanston Libraries.



Bidding has started at $1.00. Can you up that?

---> Go <---


Support Imagination.
Support Libraries.


JUST IN: Check out the fantastic editing service Karen Schindler is offering as a donation to the library. I've seen her work, and it's pretty incredible. If you are like me and want to make a couple pro sales, you won't want to miss out on this. CLICK HERE to bid!


** To learn more about the plight of Evanston Libraries please visit (the wonderful, black leather corseted, inspiring, fellow save- the- library- partner- in- crime writer and undead poet ) Margo Gremmler's website and read her posts about the cause here and here.

19 comments:

Jodi MacArthur said...

ps. I will be gone ALL DAY tomorrow. I will be able to respond to any inquires, ponderings, wonderings, love or hate mail, late tomorrow evening.

Thanks!

Margo Rowder said...

Black-leather-corseted? She's a mastress of fiction, folks! ;)
But I do LOVE my libraries. Please bid on this excellent opportunity to be immortalized at Jodi's hand! I may soon bid myself...

Jodi MacArthur said...

Haha, I was using my imagination, sweetie! Long live libraries.

Barry J. Northern said...

Good luck with this, what a shame it's come to this situation though. I wish I had the spare cash, but I'm running a loss each month myself. I may soon have to start a "save the Barry Northern" campaign. Good luck though! A worthy cause.

Anonymous said...

the place for getting lost - the place for dreaming - ahh the smell of books
Long live the Library!!!

David Cranmer said...

Best of luck with saving the library.

Folks in my hometown had to gather together, cough up some money and do the same thing. We saved it for the time being. Tough times.

Lisa Gail Green said...

What an amazing idea! I kept thinking I wish I had something to offer like a signed ARC but I'm just not there yet (for the do the write thing auction for example) How creative.

Unknown said...

very very cool, incentive, Jodi... It's so sad what's happening with libraries across the country...

Jodi MacArthur said...

Hey all you lovely people!

Thank you for sharing your hearts, thoughts and kind wishes. I love hearing your library memories. I have some very fond ones of my own, don't know what I would have done without the (very small but more than adequate) library that I spent hours in as a teen. Unfortunately, it was shut down after I moved from home. I hadn't been told until a year or two after the fact-- so depressing.

(Barry- No worries! I'm broke too. I'd support your cause- you and your fam are definitely worth 'saving'. Especially because of your wife's cupcakes you are always bragging about. Save the cupcakes! ;-) )

Jodi MacArthur said...

BTW- I've also been asked if there was a way to donate other than with credit cards. I'm emailing an admin. tonight.

Karen from Mentor said...

I'm still waiting for my item to get posted. Hopefully it gets up before the auction is over. Thanks for the shout out. Libraries are near and dear to me. They're magical places.

I LOVE the idea of you writing someone into a story.
You rock Jodi!

Mari said...

Fantastic idea! Am spreading the word already. :)

Laurita said...

What a great idea! I placed my bid and I'm spreading the word.

EC said...

Good goin' girl! I donate to my neighborhood library often...usual through late fees:)
I hope the auction works; where would we be without books?

PS - I read your short story, Decisions, and thought it was damn creepy! I especially loved the format TT put it in, like a real diary page.

Excellent stuff, Jodi.

Jodi MacArthur said...

Laurita! I should have known it was you by your title. Thanks girl!

Thank you to all for your thoughts and good wishes and spreading the word. Libraries rule!

Erin, thank you so much for buying the Tainted Tea issue. Wasn't so cool the way they formatted..and the drawing. Haha about late fees!

I was going to suggest everyone skip paying their late fees for their libraries this month and donate to Evanston (but I didn't say it and you never read this ;p)

Karen- I hope they get it up soon.

Karen from Mentor said...

My item is up now.

Here's my link:
http://bit.ly/awE5BK

Thanks for drawing me in.
:0)

Jodi MacArthur said...

Woo! Thanks for letting me know, Karen. Go everyone!

J.C. Towler said...

What a great idea! I'm jumping in on the bidding.
I'd love to participate in something like this some time.

--John

Jodi MacArthur said...

Awesome, John. I see your bid. Oh buddy, if you win it I'm SOOOO gonna write you in as a....;-) I'll keep it as a surprise. Thank you for your support!

(I will definitely let you know next time!)