CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

"Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you." ~ Friedrich W. Nietzsche


Hello!

This site still receives a lotta traffic. Thank you for your continued interest.

I am still currently writing horror/suspense/pulp only in longer form. Visit my alter ego HERE for continued updates and current fiction. And please, you can call me Jodi or whatever you called me before I went all nom de plume.

Thanks for the years of loyal friendship and support.


Friday, March 12, 2010

Three Crow Press



a deal with the sea witch
seals her fate
and
the wizard Merlin's


Thanks to editor Reece Notley of Three Crow Press.

8 comments:

Michael Solender said...

There is such a wonderful sway and rhythm to this piece, kind of rocking, then lulling then whoaa. very cool, love the olde english feel to the verbiage too.

Jodi MacArthur said...

Cool, Mike. That was the intent of the piece, in that very order. Thanks for feeling the olde english vibes. You rock. ;)

Anonymous said...

very cool piece :)

Jodi MacArthur said...

Thank YOU, Michelle, for the compliment and for reading. I appreciate it!

Barry J. Northern said...

I really like this. By strange coincidence I'm working on a mermaid story at the moment. Perhaps there's something in the wind . . .

Love the allusions to the original Little Mermaid -- a personal favourite of mine.

Jodi MacArthur said...

Are you really Barry? Crazyness. I actually had written this last summer and submitted it in sept or october.

Very interested to see what you come up with! Thanks again, buddy. <3

EC said...

Wicked girl! Loved the dicey ending - and this sentence, "The guilt I give to the harsh sun."
So cool.

Jodi MacArthur said...

Hey girl,
I'm so glad you liked this story. It's pure evil, huh? ;)