Sunday, January 3, 2010
My First Interview!
Every Sunday, Flashes In The Dark editor, Lori Titus, interviews an author. I feel so honored, privileged, humbled, and blushing that she not only asked me for an interview (wow!) but also chose to feature it on the first Sunday of 2010. Thank You SO much, Lori!
Thank you so much to all of you, dear readers,writers, and editors who've been such a big support for me the last two years. I am so blessed.
Labels:
contest,
flashes in the dark,
interview,
Lori Titus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
you are a rock star!congrats - what a great way to start the year!
Hi Jodi,
I just read Spindled Souls on the flash fiction website and I thought it was fantastically original, dramatic and moving. Oh, another good and true word to describe it: memorable!
Best wishes for the warped old year ahead!
Steph Fey x
Congrats Jodi! Long may it continue for you.
Regards, David.
Thank you, Mike! I went and found that flying chops email we had going back and forth awhile I ago. I put that quote in my mix of fav quotes. I so appreciate you buddy.
Stephanie, thanks so much for reading! This warped head can use all the best wishes you got! <3
Thank you so much, David. I really appreciate your support.
Yay! Well done, you. I absolutely loved Spindled souls, and it seems I'm off to do some more reading. Keep it coming!
jodes i will hold you to the signed copy - remember you promised. thank god i knew you when...
Laurita and Mike S - I just want to hug you both. ;)Thank you!
There’s so much to love about your writing. You have a Devil’s Eye for detail, and your dark works always offer us a glimpse of ourselves. You’ve taken some of the horrid experiences of your youth and transformed them into magic. Great interview, and I’m lookin’ forward to my autographed copy of your novel.
I also read your magnificent tale, "Spindled Souls" and left feedback at FitD.
Keep that ink well flowing.
Loved Spindled Souls Jodi! Excellent writing and a fantastic ending. Beautiful actually.
Ang,
Thank you for your thoughtful comments left here on the FitD site. You know just as much or even more about turning darkness into magic than I do. Thanks, Buddy. I appreciate your support.
Erin ~ Thank you, thank you! I'm glad you liked the ending! I actually had to take off a couple hundred words to make it fit. I'm so glad it worked!
Jodi,
thanks for your comment re my piece in the last Disenthralled. What tripped me out is the fact that you're from Seattle. Me too, and Roanne, and that's where all my stories take place. I don't know that we frequented the same watering holes but, what the hell, you're a homegirl!
Anyway, I hope you can get the fuck out of Texas, a shit state for sure, and come back to, if not civilization, at least it's better than Bushland...
Robert Crisman
Enjoyed your interview, Jodi. We'd have been good siblings, jumping off sheds with towels screaming "Up Up and Away" together. Oh well, other ways to fly.
And girl, do you ever dream big.
Best in the new year,
--John
Hey Robert! Thanks for swinging by and yes, you are my favorite poet over at disenthralled. I hadn't realized you were from Seattle! Awesome. Dance in the rain for me (and drink some starbucks). Civilization can't come soon enough!
Detective John! I would have loved to don towels and jump with you. I could have showed you how to roll so you don't bounce (bouncing hurts!). Do you yodel? I imagine that could have some pretty magic super powers on the bad guys. Thanks for swinging by and being apart of my world. You better be writing over there - OR ELSE (I'll send the scarecrows)
Jodi,
I'll dance in the rain, but Starbucks, uh uh. Howard Schultz is a dog. He sold the Sonics to a guy that everyone in the world knew was going to hijack them to Oklahoma which--okay, it was his team but, the sonofabitch turned around and said he didn't know what was up! Hell, my four-year-old nephew knew, as did people not even born yet!
Anyway, I'll stop. Except to note that, at this time, there's a movement in Seattle to send Schultz to Texas in an Orangutan cage. Hope you're gone by the time he gets there...
The drama! I don't miss WA drama that's for sure. So the Sonics went to OK, huh? Interesting stuff. I'm thinking if he gets sent here in an Orangutan cage, perhaps I can sneak inside when they send the empty cage back. ;D
That might just work.
Jodi,
Rethink that. See, we're sending him by way of camel caravan, to give him time to think about the sins he's committed in his life. He's gonna be in that cage awhile is what I'm saying, and where do you think he's gonna go to the bathroom and all that? Yes, you get the visual, with olfactory stimuli, I'm sure. So, scratch the cage, buy a plane ticket, and get back to Seattle the civilized way.
Jodi,
I just wanted to stop by and say CONGRATS! That is such an honor, and you deserve it.
You are an amazing writer with a great website, by the way.
You go...
Post a Comment